What are your plans for the next holidays? Do not you have any place in mind? Well, here we invite you to travel to Sri Lanka, one of the most unique and beautiful countries in the world. The “Tear of India” is part of the countries located in South Asia. Resting in the Indian Ocean, its incredible and unique attractions ensure you an unforgettable vacation. You will find adventures and natural spaces that do not compare to anything you have seen before. Here are 10 reasons to add Sri Lanka to your travel itinerary.
1. The stunning beaches: With crystal clear waters and white sand, these beautiful beaches will leave you speechless. Unawatuna, Negombo, Bentota, and Hikkaduwa are ideal to enjoy and feel in paradise.
2. Historic heritage: Being one of the main countries with the greatest amount of recognition in patrimonies granted by UNESCO, it is ideal for lovers of cultural tourism. The cultural heritage is unique. In this journey, you can find temples up to 2000 years ago. You cannot miss them!
3. Surf: If you are a lover of extreme sports you should visit Arugam Bay. It is one of the many beaches where you can enjoy surfing at the best price and with the best waves.
4. Amazing festivals: Like any nation with a great cultural background, you cannot miss the incredible and entertaining festivals held in Sri Lanka. The Esala Perahera festival or the Kataragama are some of the most striking and transcendental in the country.
5. Taste the exquisite gastronomy: To truly know a country you must taste its traditional dishes. In Sri Lanka, you will find a variety of flavors and exquisite dishes that will surprise your palate. A lot of rice, curry, and spices will make you want to come back for more.
6. The famous Ceylan tea: Sri Lanka has had large tea plantations since time immemorial. The most famous is the Ceylan tea, picked up by the local women and treated in a special way, without a doubt it is the paradise in a cup of tea.
7. Incredible expeditions: The variety of wildlife in this country is enormous. You can enjoy an unparalleled adventure by doing the countless tours that you will have available. Riding elephants, and swimming with dolphins and whales are some of the activities you can do.
8. It is very cheap!: If you are looking for a low-cost vacation for your pocket but great adventures Sri Lanka is the right destination. You can have fun, meet and stay at the best price and with many benefits.
9. Cultural exchange: If you wish to undertake a cultural or spiritual journey, Sri Lanka offers you great options. Inhabited largely by Buddhists and Hindus, the religious exchange will give you an experience to remember.
10. Different climates and landscapes: If you enjoy long and entertaining walks, the beautiful forests and jungles will allow you to live a unique experience. In addition, its unstable climate makes this country a sea of cold and hot sensations.
If any of these wonderful reasons has caught your attention, it’s time to start packing. You will not regret, dare and visit one of the most beautiful and captivating places in the world.